Monday, January 12, 2009

Answered Prayer

So, in December we made a big trip across country to be with my family for Christmas. The boys and I flew out December 13th and Rick joined us on the 22nd. As the boys and I traveled, I knew people were praying for us. Thank you!

Here are some of the prayers answered:

-When we got to the airport, we learned that the airline would not give Rick an escort pass to help us through security. Midway through the checkin process, the ticket agent decided to give Rick the pass...it helped that John was now in the baby carrier crying and Andrew was playing with a pen and the luggage tags.

-A friend, Melissa, (who now lives in Williamsburg but who I knew growing up) and I traveled together with our children. She has 3 1/2 year-old twins. She was a huge help and it was fun to travel together.

-We didn't buy a seat for John but there were extra seats on the flights which meant that I could bring John's carseat. Thus, he was able to sleep for the entire long flight (except to eat once).

-Andrew was a trooper. He did have one melt down, but did well. He played with stickers, beaded pasta necklaces (which Melissa graciously gave us supplies for), colored...

-Getting on to the first airplane, a nice airline employee helped me with the two carseats. I was thanking God in my heart. Carrying one carseat was an answer to prayer.


I was so thankful for a good travel day. I had been anxious about it, but God gave me strength and calmed my anxious heart.

Here is a picture before we left.

No comments: